View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #83
JRTJH
Site Team

DO NOT UNBOLT THE OUTRIGGERS !!!!!!!!!

The bolts are inserted from above and the nuts are torqued below the outriggers. If you loosen one and can't access the top of the bolt, you can't retorque them.... That's a MAJOR issue !!!

What I did was cut individual sections of HDPE to fit between the outriggers. When you get under your trailer, you'll see that one side of each outrigger has a lip. I screwed the HDPE to the outrigger lip inboard and outboard, then about every foot down the lip of the frame and left the "end of the HDPE with no outrigger lip only secured on the long edges. Then move to the other side of that outrigger and repeat with the next HDPE panel. Once they were all installed, I used a pneumatic caulking gun to apply the DICOR sealant HEAVY on all edges of each panel and used my finger to smooth it a little, but mainly just to smear it around each of the bolt heads so no water could migrate up the threads.

Where the HDPE panel rests over the bolt/nut at the outer edge of each outrigger, I drilled a 3/4" hole in the HDPE so the panel fit over each outrigger bolt so I could keep the panels flush with the DARCO/outrigger lips.

HDPE is surprisingly easy to cut with a 7 1/4" circular saw. I used a scribe and a straight edge to mark each panel, only cut them "one at a time" and fit each in place before moving on... For me, that way I didn't risk cutting them all and finding out I cut it wrong and couldn't redo the others....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote