Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #174
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Back in the early 70's they were the favorites as the I/O 's couldn't handle the torque or hp like they do now. My Sleekcraft Executive 23 had the Jacuzzi drive instead of the Berkeley pump that was the more popular at the time (read big rooster tail).

It was fun until I docked at one of the few Sunoco pumps on the water that had the "Sunoco 260" fuel.
I had a buddy/roommate that had a E Racing runabout flat bottom race boat(330 CU In and under class). V-drive small block Chevy. Race one weekend, water ski the next.

It was fun to water ski behind. You stood on the dock with the single ski on one foot and when the rope came tight you yelled "Hit it" and stepped into the air, you were off skiing or on your face in the water.

At 80 MPH you wanted to be outside the wake in case the boat coughed/ stopped, as you would hit it or pass it! Note: An old O'Brien water ski went flat on the water about 50 MPH. Deep water starts were quick or the rope pulled out of your hands.