Thread: Gps
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
larryflew

Have had a simple Tomtom, a trucker Tomtom, 2 trucker Magellans and Garmin. The first Magellan lasted 13 months and Magellan gave me a half price replacement being it was out of warranty. It did fine until I went to update maps and died during the process. The second lasted 7 months. Both were over $400 units. The cheap TT went for a few years but took us on several BS trips to nowhere. The better TT also died during an update. The Garmin is the fancier (don't have number handy) one with truck height, length and internal driving logs with camera, cell hook up, blue tooth, traffic updates, voice command etc BUT it's only 5 months old so time will tell. Love the look and ease of use so far, ie wife wants to make a stop say "voice command" it asks if you want address, type of stop, place, city etc tell it "place" "Sam's Club" " added stop" as it asks you the questions and it calculates route.

Years ago b4 traveling we had a cheap Garmin for 5 years b4 maps got too out of date to find newer residential areas (doing service work).

Hope this one does as well. Reason I didn't go back to G is 2 of the 3 bought at the time also died.