View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

According to the 2016 FUZION brochure, the exterior walls are: "Aluminum framed, fully laminated fiberglass sidewalls" that means they are FILON. I'd suspect that the color is "molded into the FILON and the entire sheeting (before placement of decals or paint) is covered with a type of gelcoat. I'd also suspect that the cracking/grazing you see in the form of "tiny spider cracks" are a result of the sun damage from exposure to the hot Florida sun. There are a lot of "home remedies" that have been tried, everything from "rehydration of the fiberglass" (Aerospace 303, etc) to PolyGlo, a topical sealant very similar to the old "mop and glo" liquid floor wax. There was an optional "full body paint" available, I'd suspect that from your description, your trailer was not produced with that option.

There are several threads, probably a hundred or more, that discuss how to restore a faded front cap, faded/cracked decals and faded, sun damaged FILON sheeting. I don't believe I've ever seen a post that says, "My FILON was damaged and this is the easy way to make it look new again" (at least not one that wasn't followed up with a future post that said, "Oops, that didn't work beyond 3 or 4 months")....

You can download or view the brochure here: https://www.keystonerv.com/media/2277/fuzion-2016.pdf

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote