View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
PDMarlowe

Heater Duct Replacement

I'm looking for a little help from the experts on this awesome forum. Last spring we bought a used 2011 Outback 260FL. We used it through the spring and summer and parked it for the month of September. We decided one more outing in October to enjoy the Michigan colors before winterizing it. When we got set up at the park I started the furnace to warm things up. It blew hot air but stunk up the place. This wasn't our first use of the furnace so I knew something was had changed for the worse. After a while the furnace started vibrating so I figured what ever critter that had gotten in had found its way to the blower. Disassembly proved this to be the correct assumption. The poor little mouse couldn't keep up with the RPM of the blower cage. Anyway, I got it all back together and found one of the "dryer" ducts had holes in it as well as bits of insulation. The mouse nest. I got the debris out but can't reach all of the holes. The duct runs from the furnace forward about 5 feet to the floor vent in front of the door. My question is around how to replace this section of duct. Can I tape a new duct to the old and pull it through the underbelly from above the floor through the vent or furnace openings or do I need to take the chloroplast down and do it all from underneath? Is the duct somehow fastened to the underside or is it typically just lying loose in the insulation? Thanks in advance for the answers and advice.
PDMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote