View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #11
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Giroux View Post
Thank you to all our RV enthusiast who responded.
Special thank you to "SMOKING" who suggested "Maybe the latch is just under pressure on the striking plate on the door jam."
Also found a U-Tube posting who also had the same explanation... in his case his dealer was also stumped.
PROBLEM: As noted above, "... the latch is just under pressure on the striking plate on the door jam"
RESOLUTION:
Put inward pressure on the door beside the door handle, this releases the latch pressure on the striker plate and allows the handle to move freely.
Counter intuitive in that your asked to push the door inward before being able to open it outward.
Many thanks from CANADA !!!!
GPG52!!
PS: to FlyingAroundRV, this push/pull method we help you with your sticking door issue. ???
As I stated in my RV.net(as Me Again), it was a bit of an after thought that hit me. Glad it worked out for you. It is great to be able to draw on others in times like this. Chris AKA SnoKing and Me Again

PS: I posted for years on RV.net as Chris until a mod decided I should be ban. Marcus stepped in for me, however once an user ID is cancelled they can not activate it again. So I became "Me Again"