View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #45
Ragermack

When the kids were little we traveled the west and camped in an Econoline van with top carriers or occasionally my in-laws 26' Winnebago brave. Since the kids moved on My wife and I have usually go in an open top jeep Wrangler with a couple of cargo carriers attached. We have always stayed on the back roads as much as possible. Well the tent camping just lost its appeal over the years so we have just purchased a 2017 Cougar 28RKS Our Tow vehicle is a 2018 crew cab long box Bighorn Dodge diesel. We have been making local trips in the last couple of months and will begin longer and longer excursions in the spring. My inclination is to continue sticking to the back roads as much as we can, but I do have concerns with not only fuel location but with the ability to get into some of the stations in small towns With a tall trailer and almost 50' total length. There are apps to help find fuel but not awning heights etc. I'm just curious if anyone has had to drop a trailer mid travel day to get fuel?
Ragermack is offline   Reply With Quote