View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

We've touched on the "discoloration" around the edge of the vent. Is it discolored or burned? 174 degrees seems way too hot for the vent. For it to drop 72 degrees to the next vent is perplexing. Burned (and it looks burned) is more worrisome. It also looks like the edges of the metal from the duct is what is "burning" the edges of the linoleum next to it.

How is the trailer laid out? Is the furnace at one end and all the ducts in a line from there? Mine has the furnace in the middle and ducts running in different directions. None of them get much hotter than the others. How far is it from the first vent (approx. 3' away from the furnace box) and the next one? You've said you have checked for blockages but I'm wondering if there is something between the first vent and the second causing that 72 degree drop, which seems abnormal to me. If that was the case backing the hot air out of the front vent that might be the culprit. If the temps were equalized between the 2 (or more) vents it might fix this.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote