View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #47
locomech

Only once

We stayed at the Walmart in Grand Is. Ne. on our first long road trip with our new 24ft Passport. We first pulled into an area on one side of the store that didn't have many cars or trucks parked there so we thought we'd be out of the way of shoppers and truckers. After asking permission to stay we were told to park on the other side of the lot by the truckers. We complied and found a spot away from the trucks and next to a grassy type of parkway. We felt that this is a good spot because we couldn't be sandwiched in between two 18 wheelers during the night. After getting settled in for the night we had a truck pull in near us that let his reefer run all night. In addition to that about two in the morning a carload of kids (in their late teens or twenties) pulled in nearby. They were drinking and carrying on with loud music till the wee hours. I was hoping that maybe a trucker would go and have a word with them but it didn't happen. After they left and things started to quiet down a bit the sprinklers along the parkway turned on and it was the noisy water-drops on the side of the camper that made me get up and going. We went across the street to Dennys for breakfast and hit the road. That was the first and last time we'll do Walmart.

There are plenty of overnight campgrounds along I-80. Some are nice and some are kind of seedy, but when we travel we're locked and loaded.

"Don't worry bout the mule... Just load the wagon"
locomech is offline   Reply With Quote