View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:55 AM   #28
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
My trailer is waiting to be up-fitted with new 5200 lb axles and leaf springs on Monday. The cost will be a little under for what I budgeted for. I've been thinking since I spoke with the shop yesterday afternoon. Would it be wise (and advantageous) to upgrade the OEM equalizers to one of the premium equalizers like EZ Flex from Dexter or Lippert's Equa-flex? I'm not sure MorRyde products can accommodate my wide spaced 42" axles.

The issues I see is with the OEm "non-standard length" (10 inch) equalizer on my coach and the distance between front and rear axles based on the size of the new leaf springs. The leaf springs can be resized but I'm questioning the 2.25" long shackles that came with my wet bolt kit.

Is it worth the upgrade to a better equalizer if the shop can find the right equation in length between the hangers? It would only cost me the new parts,not any additional labor time.
I've been very happy over the past four years with the CRE3000 that came with my Cougar, I also have the Correct Track which thankfully I've never had to use. I can say that I've seen it being used to align the axles of one friends trailer, and it do work as advertised...

On a personal note... if they are going to weld new hangers to the frame anyway... I'd get as far away from those WIDE axles as I could..