View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #20
johnlewis

We are members of Escapees and we use their mail service, so we have our USPS mail forwarded to our Escapees address in Livingston, TX. Escapees then forwards mail to us where we designate.
When we order something that is shipped by USPS, we have it sent to "General Delivery" at a post office close to where we are staying. You can check the USPS.com website, to find out what post offices offer General Delivery service. Not all do. Allow plenty of time (7 to 10 days) for the item to be delivered to the post office you select. This seems to be a low priority service for USPS, so delivery is slow.
We have had many items shipped by UPS of FedEx to a park where we are staying. I ALWAYS call ahead and see if it is OK to ship to the park. We have had items arrive at the park before we did, but because we checked first, they hold them for us. We have had many items shipped to state or city parks. Most of them will tell you that they will accept shipments from UPS or FedEx. We have found some that won't accept mail forwarded by USPS. Who knows why.
We are Amazon Prime members, so knowing that an item will arrive 2 days after you order it makes it easier, since you have a definite time frame for delivery.
Again, I always ask a park (private, state, city or county) if it is OK to ship items BEFORE I order.
johnlewis is offline   Reply With Quote