View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I think (I've been wrong before) that it's more a matter of using a "very small pump" to pressurize hydraulic cylinders. In the slides, the cylinders have smaller, longer chambers and the volume of hydraulic fluid "flows to fill" rather rapidly. On the landing gear, because of the weight being lifted, the hydraulic cylinders are shorter and thicker. They take a significantly larger volume of hydraulic fluid to move the piston the same distance than do the slide cylinders, but they are capable of moving a significantly greater weight.

So, the slides move "kind of quickly" while the landing gear moves much slower because the volume of hydraulic fluid the pump can move into/out of the cylinders is limited.

There's also the possibility that the O-rings in the cylinders are leaking and a part of the hydraulic fluid being pumped into the landing gear hydraulics is actually leaking back and not being used properly???? That's a matter for someone with a bit of hydraulic "expertise" to look at and possibly rebuild the landing gear cylinders....

I've had that occur on farm equipment in the past. Any John Deere or Kubota dealer has the expertise and the equipment to rebuild the cylinders if they will accept the task of working on an RV system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote