View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Thanks! Looked and still can’t find it. Lol. I called Keystone to try and find out and they actually said they couldn’t give me that information. That alone tells me I will never buy from them again!!!
What the person in customer service told you is true... <literally true> The administrative clerk/typist who answers the phone and relays messages to other parts of the plant "really and truly can't tell you" because in all probability they simply don't know and have no idea where to start looking for the answer...

If you consider that Keystone builds well over 200 floorplans of 20 brands of RV, all different, all with different features and options, some with 3 TV's and some with the option for 5 TV's, while some only have 1 TV with options for two, three or more, every option means a different splitter location and quantity, it's not surprising that someone sitting in the front office who has never walked the manufacturing floor and never spent an afternoon inside one of their products can't answer every question about every model. For you, it is "where's the splitter" for the next caller, it's a different trailer and they want to know where the galley sink cold water ties into the main line and if it's 1/2" or 3/8" PEX fittings that are used on the line. Then the next caller wants to know where the thermostat line runs through the wall into the ceiling on a third model....

NOBODY can possibly know everything about every Keystone trailer, so the "customer service department becomes a "relay message station" for important safety issues and a "you need to discuss that with your selling dealer" for answers that aren't related to safety....

I'm not making excuses for Keystone, they don't pay me anything, so I'm not defending their actions, just explaining that you really don't want to rely on a minimum wage employee that may not yet be off hiring probation giving you technical answers on one of literally millions of "bits of info" that they simply don't (and can't) know off the top of their head. So, rather than make promises to get you the answer (something they can't find and if the back office won't give them, they can't give you) they simply suggest you talk to your dealer. After all, that's where the service should be performed.

ADDED: As an "afterthought" I don't know what brand tow vehicle you have, but as a comparison, call 1-800 FORD CARES or 1-800 CHEVY HELP and ask them where the connector for the GPS antenna is located in your truck. You might even narrow it down and ask if the connector is behind the left or right side of the headliner.... See what answer you get from Ford or GM. I'd almost bet my next paycheck (I'm retired BTW) that you'll be told they can't provide that kind of information and you need to contact your dealer for assistance.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote