View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
daveinaz

The Revolution hoses seem to be pretty good. Like others, I tend to buy in the middle of the price range.

The "kit" that the dealer gives tends to be junk! When we got our motorhome years ago, the dealer gave us a "starter kit" which included a sewer hose. We took the motorhome to our house to go over it and get it ready for the road. We cleaned out all the tanks. Our black tank was filled with hot soapy water. I got ready to empty it and hooked up the "complimentary" sewer hose. I would describe its quality as looking like someone stretched a condom over a slinky. But I hooked it up and pulled the valve. Fluid started flowing through the hose. First there was a small pin prick leak, then another one, then a few of them. Suddenly the hose ruptured completely covering me in hot soapy water. Fortunately, it was hot soapy water and not cold liquified poop!

I was just glad that it happened the way it did, in our driveway with soapy water as opposed to poop in the campground. I was angry, but not as angry as I would have been if the latter had happened.

So, my moral of the story is, you get what you pay for and don't go cheap on a sewer hose...
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote