View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaney View Post
We bought a new 2018 Sprinter from Camper World in Atlanta. First trip out our electric fire place quit working along with auto leveling jacks and electric water heater. Lots of small things like drawers that will not stay closed and decorations and blinds falling off the wall.

Now I am ready to dump tanks and after looking for a good while I find the blade valve handles tucked away under the frame but without markings.

My question is which one is black and which one is grey? Does anyone have one that is marked? I like to dump black first but am not sure which is which and the manuel Keystone sent does not cover it.
A lot of us have an adapter that fits right on the dump fitting that has clear pipe. Mine is a 45 degree one. For long term use, it allows us to see when the drain water is running clear as we dump and flush. Personally, I would not be without it, and now have accumulated two different ones.

This is one of the ones that I have: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39847-R.../dp/B006OQ35GU

I also got one of these years ago to build my own dump hose for exactly the purpose we're discussing here: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39432-D...dp/B000EDSSEI/ That one is my everyday quick dump hose and is still in use.

If you can't determine which handle is which, I am going to suggest that you get one of these and place it in-line when you dump. Briefly pull each handle and then you'll know for sure which handle is gray and which is black.

If you can't get one before you absolutely have to dump, bite the bullet, dump 'em all, flush and clean up extra well, and have the clear fitting on-hand for all future dumps.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote