Thread: CBS and DirecTV
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 11:26 AM   #14
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrelander View Post
We dropped all cable and satellite television service years ago. Will watch whatever scraps we can pick up on local digital broadcasts but honestly don't miss it at all. Drives the door to door sales people nuts when I tell them I have no need for their services.
I'm right there with ya!
We can get the major networks from our OTA antenna which is plenty good for us.
I don't give a hoot about sports, don't watch any of the BS fake news, wouldn't watch a minute of ANY of the reality shows, don't watch much TV anyway, so as long as we can find something to watch for a couple hours in the evening or stream an occasional movie we're fine with what we have.
We had Direct satellite several years ago in our S&B with the monthly bill drafted from our account. One day DW looked at the bill & noticed a $5 late fee, looked back & found this every month, called them & they stated that they drafted our payment on say the 1st, the day the bill is due, but informed us that it took 5 days for it to be posted as paid, after much argument they refunded all the late fees back to us & once done we called & canceled with them with a message to them that we were going to be a huge advertiser, negative of course, for them from now til eternity & got Dish.
Moral; DO NOT USE DIRECT TV!!!! And watch the bill closely!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote