View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
restez

Question Lippert Hydraulic Pump Problems

We have a 2010 Montana Mountaineer 3215 fifth wheel and started having problems with the slides coming out about 4 inches on our last trip thru Michigan up to Canada. I checked the fluid and it was a little low so added fluid and did not help. Discovered if I used the slide lock knobs on the trailer the two slides on the driver side would stay in but the office/TV slide on the passenger side would not lock and continued to travel out about 4 inches. Fought with this all the way to Canada and back until we stopped in Iowa and I took it in to a Camping World there to have it looked at. They said it needs a new hydraulic pump that it is leaking internally back into the reservoir to the tune of $1200 and it would take 7 to 10 days to get one. I have to be back to work in Montana on Monday so that was not an option so after paying $250.00 for the diagnosis fee we headed back on our way to Montana fighting this slide all the way. My question is has anyone ever changed this pump themselves and what are the tricks/ suggestions that I might follow to change this pump?
Thanks
restez is offline   Reply With Quote