View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #23
Bowlesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebeetle View Post
Just finding this thread, although I am having the exact same problem with water leaking through the intake vents in my 2016 Montana. I took it to the dealership 8/2016 and they drilled the extra drain holes in the pan but it still leaks every time it rains and the AC is running and it's past the 1 year warranty now. Worried about long term water damage. Any updates on how well the posted fix in this thread has worked? Or any other fixes that worked? At this point I'm considering just ponying up for a new AC of a different brand.

Clay

I've now lost track of how many of these I've done. If you follow my instructions EXACTLY, there is no more water intrusion. This is even before adding tape to block rain water entrance. The tape was added as an extra precaution. The only area I have seen wet is the interior of the duct and the duct has always been sealed good enough to contain the water. Have seen no wet ceilings or insulation.

Drilling any extra drain holes is unecessary and Heartland has had some dealers go back and reseal the drilled drain holes. The 2 big issues is the scoop effect the 2 A/C halves have to channel the water in and then the extra mounting rivnut leaking into the coach interior.

Any tech that reads this thread and then cannot properly fix the problem is incompetent. Total time to complete if willing to remove the A/C styrofoam evaporator cover is 1 hour to repair, 2 hour cure, 30 minute leak check.

Dometic has sent me a new top cover and it fits no better than the originals.

If anyone has any improvements to this method, please advise.

John - 3820FK
Bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote