View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
rsl

Strange Fridge Problem

Ok so this will be a long post but bear with me......

Three Day trip.
Norcold 1210 (I think) Double Door Fridge mounted in slide so top and bottom side vent.

Hi temps during the day 75 and lows in 60's at night

While camping last weekend at the beach we had an issue where the 2nd day of camping the interior fridge temp started getting higher and higher. I went from 6 to 9 on the setting and it still did not help. The Laser temp gun showed around 40 initially then made it up past 50 on the fridge cooling fins. The freezer however stayed at or below zero the whole time. I have no idea why it happened but I think the wind that weekend may have caused it Day 1 until early morning of Day 3 the winds were 25-30 mph with gusts higher and the wind was blowing directly onto the vent side of the RV. May be just a coincidence but as the wind diminished Night 2 into Day 3 the temp slowly started going back down. The freezer temp stayed plenty cold the whole time.

By the time we packed up and made the 1 1/2 hour drive home the fridge had gotten back down in the mid 40's. I left the fridge running and checked the next day. Temps in freezer were still at or below zero and the fridge temp was around 32 degrees, I set the temp adjust back down to 6 and checked temp again. Freezer still zero and fridge around 38-40 degree.

I might add I did check the lower vent while we were camped and without taking the cover off I could feel heat coming from it (was much warmer then outside air temp of 60-something). I also put the fridge into diagnostic mode and my laser gun temps were within 1 degree of diagnostic mode (sensor) temp display.

Help, Thoughts, Suggestions??????????
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote