View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
cougarpelt

the sad truth about keystone warranty

before you pay, you have priority over all other customers and all the tech attention you need to find problems with the many many systems that are in your new "HOME" RV.
BUT AFTER YOU PAY, all problems are assumed to have been caused by you, the customer and your sales company and their techs have to "prove" that Keystone is liable for any repairs that are needed after the sale.
14 day after I paid, on my first use of RV, my wife noticed that the dining table was way out of level - the top of slide was against wall while the bottom was 2 1/2 inches away from wall resulting in a severe drooping of the slide. on the 16th day after reporting the problem a tech first saw it and did his analysis, with pictures to send to Keystone for THEIR APPROVAL to do warranty work to repair. SOMEHOW Keystone needed proof that I did not install the slide brackets in the wrong position AT THE FACTORY before they would pay Bama RV to repair. REALLY?? Now we wait 48 hours for someone at Keystone to agree that I didn't come in the factory and install the brackets incorrectly???? REALLY???
This just show how absurd Keystone Warranty policy is. The warranty policy is designed to avoid paying for anything they did wrong UNTIL the customer with the help of BAMA RV can prove that the problem was due to factory error.
NEW CUSTOMERS BEWARE: test EVERYTHING before you pay; there is almost no quality control in the manufacture of RVs. THE ONLY TESTING that is done before you pay is YOU and the techs at your sales company; YOU WILL FIND PROBLEMS and when you do you WILL LEARN the hard way how frustrating the so-called "warranty" that Keystone proudly displays on their RVs on the sales lot. IT IS UP TO YOU TO TEST THE SYSTEMS BEFORE YOU PAY!!!!
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote