View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
HodgeHouse

5th Wheel Hitch, to slide or not to slide

Greetings all! I'm pretty sure this has been a question that has already been brought up, but we are new to the forum and looking for some advice.

Not new to full time RV-ing or towing a variety of items, but we have upgraded everything from years ago, and looking for some advice on specific vehicle and trailer set-up, to pick the correct hitch.

We have a 2012 3500 Ram, standard short-bed (NOT Ram Box or Mega Cab bed). We just purchased a 2014 Montana Big Sky, 3582RL. Age old question... with the way the nose of that particular trailer is made, do we really need a slider hitch? We'll be driving out of state to pick it up, and I've been waiting to purchase a new hitch, waiting to see what trailer we actually found. So this is a one shot deal.

My usual, retentive, do-it-right the first time, life-long motor-head oriented-self, says to just spend the extra money and buy a slider hitch, for the "just in case" moments... but if I don't need to spend twice as much, and the nose will clear the cab, then I'd rather go with a non-slider.

Any help and advice from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much, Dan & Crystal
HodgeHouse is offline   Reply With Quote