View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #30
CWSWine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
States register vehicles different ways, I know in Washington you can register to a higher GVWR, than listed on the VIN sticker. That is the GVWR for the vehicle not a combined weight of truck and trailer.
I have not dug into it in Oregon yet.
The yellow idiot sticker is only of value when looking at a new TV on the dealers lot! Once in the hands of the owner stuff added or removed from the TV change that number.
What you saying is the lady behind the counter can at the county office has the authority to change you GVWR set by the design engineers. So if I have an F250 and register for 14,000 pounds that would exceed not only GVWR but the tire and axle rating that's on Federal Compliance Sticker that required by the Federal Government. Remember, According to the federal highway traffic safety admin. 49 CFR 567.7 says that a trailer or truck GVWR certification cannot be changed once the vehicle has been titled. I'm from Washington and good friend of mine is a sheriff and he ran through legal and that is GCWR and you can NOT exceed the manufacturer specs of the truck or trailer. It's hard for me to believe that some lady that has been working at the county office for couple months had the knowledge to increase GVWR of trucks by thousands of pounds that as assigned by engineers working at the factory that actually did the testing.

Yes the yellow sticker is worth anything and only used to compare trucks on the lot. The federal complance sticker is what you go by the day you drive it off the lot.
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote