View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barseven View Post
Our Black Tank #1 does flush when we dump so I'm certain it's the sensor. After reading all of the responses, it sounds like it would be a waste of time to take it to the dealer. Ours is only 6 months old. As long as the tank dumps each time, I should be able to get by without the sensors, right?

Appreciate all of the helpful advice. We are fairly new at this and have found so much useful info on this forum. Matter of fact, we recently checked the ducts for our A/C because the trailer just wasn't cooling very well; even with 2 A/C's. Making a few minor alterations (as recommended by fellow keystone owners) improved air flow drastically and saved us a trip to the dealer.
The sensors, to me, are a personal thing with folks I guess. I started using travel trailers when there were no "tank sensor", nor were they ever thought of. It's very easy to tell when what you have is getting full so never wished for a "sensor".....now, higher ride height, better insulation, better materials...yes.

The sensors would probably be nice if 1) you needed them, 2) you trusted them and 3) if they were important in the operation of the RV....they aren't. A person can do all kinds of things trying to clean the sensors or keep them clean, but at the end of the day, to me, what does it matter?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote