View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:10 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack65 View Post
I'm a bit lost there, any chance you can post pics of the "cheater bar" and maybe what your doing? Like using a big crow bar between the bar and trailer bar?

The trailer isn't here. The bar is a 1" thick walled, hollow steel bar about 5' long. To remove the bars I put the bar behind the wdh bar (between the bar and frame of the trailer), at the end of the wdh bar, angle it toward me, wedge it to the ground or asphalt then pull the bar toward me. It pulls the wdh bar right off the bracket. Repeat until the wdh bar is in the position that you want. To put them on I just reverse the process.

As far as raising the truck and trailer at the same time, here are the instructions from the Equalizer manual, page 17:

"Back the tow vehicle to the trailer and lower the coupler onto the ball. Lock the coupler and retract the tongue jack until it raises off the ground about 1” so that the full tongue weight of the trailer is resting on the hitch. Measure the tow vehicle height again exactly above the front axle, to the same point that you measured to earlier when uncoupled. Record this on Line B of the weight distribution setup table on page 16. With the tow vehicle still coupled to the trailer, use the tongue jack to lift both vehicles until you can swing the spring arms into place over the L-brackets. See Figure 15. Then retract the jack."

And no, I've never had any issue with raising them or damaging any of the components.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote