View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Towing without a WD hitch......

I was coming back from Lake Whitney today (non towing) driving a tad over the 75mph speed limit between Post TX and Lubbock TX. I keep my eyes out (front and back) for RVs when traveling. Back behind me I could see an RV being towed with a pickup with headlights on. Inside the stripes, over the stripes, wiggle, waggle...and gaining on me like crazy!

I watched in shock as he closed and went past me...inside the stripes, over the stripes, wiggle, waggle and pulling away. I told DW "I can't believe this". I kicked it up to pace him; 86 mph. I pulled up beside him; Ford F150, no WD/sway, sagging rear end, 2 kayaks and looked like bicycles in the back, and...the heel of one hand on the wheel as he drove nonchalantly along; at 86mph, inside the stripes...you get it. I just looked at DW, shook my head and let him go. What can you do with that level of ignorance?

So, if you're a member and own a new/late model dark blue F150 with kayaks in the back towing a Keystone Bullet with a dealer tag and Camping World spare tire cover from the Lubbock area....you need to SLOW DOWN and get a decent hitch.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote