View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #55
sourdough
Site Team

2200 Update

Not wanting to wear this out but I'm thinking the Q series may just not meet my expectations. Did a ribeye a couple of days ago and seemed the 2200 was going to be OK. Tried hamburgers tonite (4 med/large patties). It seems like the Q is more of a "slow cooker" of meats instead of a "grill". I did get the burgers off in about 20 minutes but that just isn't right for a grill. I have lots of grills of various kinds but 20 minutes to cook a 1/3-1/2 lb. pattie is just not right. It won't get over 400 and if you open the lid it hits 150 then takes 5+ minutes to get back to 400.

Don't know that there is a need for response. I just wanted to make the update. I had great hopes for a new "Weber Q grill". I am greatly disappointed. It doesn't have flare ups, but I guess you wouldn't if it never gets to "grilling" temps. I will give it one more shot whenever I have time to mess with it. Looks to me like this is a $400+ mistake (cart + accessories) that I need to give to someone that has more patience, or does not have the expectations, that I have.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote