View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #45
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdjguy View Post
Finally some progress and believe it or not, it came after I tracked down their facebook page and threatened negative reviews/publicity. Long story short, the damage I caused from not winterizing properly will cost about $3k to fix--that's material and labor. That addresses everything but repairing the soft floor--they kept telling me that would be thousands...when it really doesn't sound like it. There are three major spots of softness--beside each side of the master, and by the entrance. They told me that under the laminate is a thin layer of what is similar to laun flooring. He told me that under that is an enclosed foam subfloor that can not really be damage by water...and to get into and replace that would mean the entire floor of the coach. Anyway, they told me to take up the vinyl and soft floor and simply replace it with something from lowes...some sort of pre-fabbed floor.

I'm not sure that I buy that, but there is another shop around that's not big, not corporate. I'll see if they can offer solutions. All I've got from this big shop is excuses and reasons why they cant fix the floor. Beyond frustrating.

To put a bow on all of this--We are sucker-customers. We thought "hey, let's buy a camper" and that's what we did. Never towed a thing in my life--no clue about these things and as somebody said previously--we thought we bought a maintenance free home on wheels. It's cost us a ton but to be honest, the memories we've made have been worth it...even with these headaches. We'll figure something with the floor--even if I just throw a sheet of plywood over the softspots...at this point, it doesn't have to look good, and we'll go make some more.

Thanks for everybody's help.
I like your attitude! Long, long time ago we had a Cabana hybrid. I think it was a 22' , had dual axles. The floor was spongy but did not show any signs of water damage. My fix was a couple boxes of prefinished hardwood flooring. I just installed over the original floor and was good for the couple of years that we had it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote