View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #12
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotyetMHCowner View Post
We changed our minds after looking at our local dealer and ordered a Montana High Country 305RL from RV Wholesalers. Should pick it up around Christmas or New Years. Cant wait!

About the shower latch, the 2015 models have a little silver latch that holds the shower doors open. Is this the latch that breaks, or did the early models not have a latch at all?

Are you talking about the bedroom closet door with the little clear plastic strap with a snap on it to hold the door?

We will definitely watch for these two issues when picking it up. Thanks
Congratulations! You should really enjoy the HC.
The shower latch: Yes the silver latch. Mine hasn't broken, it apparently just doesn't stay latched. I really don't know what happened but I found one of the shower doors shattered. Right now I'm using 1 inch wood corner trim (like angle iron) in the bottom door tracks to be sure the doors don't move if the latch fails. I'm assuming the latch failed, not that we didn't latch it.
The closet doors: I just discovered that both of my doors won't stay latched. I have a wooden dowel behind the right door to keep the left door in place. And now I have a piece of wood (surveyors stake) in front of the left door to keep the right door in place. I think the clear plastic straps need to be at more of an angle to secure the doors.
If I were you I would take some foam pipe insulation or pool noodles with you when you go to the dealer. Cut them to fit before you drive off. I would definitely talk to the dealer about warranty covering any damage if they do break. You may even get the service folks out there and look at the straps and see what they say.
Also, the under mounted spare tire is very low. I had to use some wooden boards to drive over to get the trailer up my driveway. I have since put the spare on the paper thin bumper. I had to fabricate my own spare bracket to get enough height to prevent that from bottoming out.
I have about 18 inches of clearance below the rear bumper.
'
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote