View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:14 AM   #14
notanlines

Bart, while I appreciate the thoughts you've put into your RV park idea, there are a couple of drawbacks that have crossed my mind. Your idea of half acre lots puts you at needing 30 acres to hold 45 RV's (roads, recreation, etc) As soon as you roll that past your engineer their eyes will roll and dollar signs will appear to cover the increased cost of 50 amp service, water, and sewer. Not to mention more WIFI mini-towers. When your dirt/paving contractor sees the additional layout he'll get that same big smile. And you'll find that the work-campers you've contacted won't come because they can't mow that fast in the time allotted.
I haven't even begun to cover the price you'd have to charge for being in an area with no beach, little warm weather, and the Wal-Mart is 15 miles away.
For that kind of money, snow birders want restaurants, entertainment, water, neighbors for "happy-hour."
I know I have been putting a wet blanket on the idea. And I also know I've exaggerated a little. But maybe I have given you something to think about.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote