View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:24 AM   #6
C.LeeNick

Congratulations on the new Passport!

We purchased our Passport in July, and looked at the model you purchased. Ended up with the 197RB.

Here's a few specific things to check, based upon our experiences so far:

According to Keystone's website, your trailer can come with an enclosed and heated underbelly. If it is supposed to have one, take a look and make sure it's there! We bought our Passport off the lot, and it was supposed to have one according to the paperwork, but I made the mistake of never looking that far underneath. It did not have the enclosed and heated underbelly. And having the dealer install it turned into a nightmare.

Second, check the shelves in the big wardrobe cabinet in the bathroom. The one on the left when you walk through the door. Ours has a similar cabinet and both shelves in it collapsed during our first 3 outings. Keystone did not put proper support under the shelves. They relied on the front edge piece of the shelf to hold up the flimsy shelf material by stapling the shelf material to it, without putting any brackets on the walls under the front edge piece. It was just kind of "hanging there". It seemed fairly sturdy when we looked at it, but it didn't hold up. There needs to be some kind of angle bracket on each front corner, attached to the wall. That is what the dealership did to ours under warranty, and it's held up so far.

The only other funky thing with ours was that the built in wiring to get the sound from the TV to the stereo was all wrong. We couldn't get sound from the TV through the ceiling speakers, but we could get radio sound through the TV speakers. It looks like they put the wiring in based on a different model TV, and the one actually installed didn't have the proper outputs. I was lucky it was a short run, and I was able to fish another wire through the ceiling to make everything work correctly, and added a wire as well, from the radio to the amplified TV/FM antenna jack. Keystone had just plugged a wire antenna into the antenna jack on the radio and left it balled up behind it in the cabinet. The amplified TV antenna is also a fine FM antenna. It made a HUGE difference.

Enjoy!
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote