View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:38 AM   #22
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
Banshee365 - keep the tires and brakes in good shape, travel at posted speeds and enjoy your travels. If you ditch the lift then I would add airbags. I have them on my truck and it help to level the truck and makes the ride smoother.

When the dealer delivered our RV they left the tanks full of fresh water. The water was from them checking out the tank level monitoring system. There may be residual water in your RV tanks after the level probe testing.

We travel with the gray and black tanks empty and the water tank about 1/3 full. Carry water in case we need to use the bath room during our travels.

I dry camp at the race track once a year and dump the tanks before we leave and open the drain on the water tank. The track is about 100 miles from our house.
Banshee365, even over my GVWR I never worry about traveling with full tanks, have done it several times. The most notable time was coming back over a Cascade pass at 4,800'+ that included the FW tank. We had zero issues going down hill just put the 5 speed manual in 4th, and let the exhaust brake rumble down the hill at a controlled speed. I always travel with the FW tank full to increase my pin weight to about 22% to eliminate chucking.
I should add that I am well within axle and tire ratings.
Best to you and safe travels.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote