Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #21
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I used #14 x 1".
Here are the numbers on the Fastenal tag:
14x1 HWH SDS 410SS

The fender washers were P/N 1171212

I twisted the heads off several of the existing crews so I ended up just adding the new ones in between the existing. Most drilled in fairly easy, but a few were tough to get in. I assume I drilled those into the web of the I beam instead of the flange. I did not drill pilot holes. I used a 1/4" cordless impact driver. I just did the section forward of the axles, the rear looked pretty good and had gas lines, spare tire carrier, etc to help support. I looked at 8ft sections of light gauge angle iron that had the holes and slots in it. I might add 2 or 3 of those later.
When I pulled a corner of the chloroplast down to look around I got a couple cups of water on me. I was right under the dump valve so I immediately thought...oh great, a poo-nami. But it was clear and didn't stink. I hoping it's condensate, but I may rig up a pressure test for my water supply lines.
I have decided when I get home from Florida I'm going to replace all my lag screws with the stainless and fender washers. But while I have the chloroplast down I'm going to repair a sticking gray water valve and add some extra insulation.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote