Thread: Premier 24rk
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 06:18 AM   #9
Leatherman

Janet,

Those silver things allow you to manually open and close the two slides. In the event of power failure you will have to use those pieces with a cordless drill and close the slides. I have never had to do it. Your CW rep that did the PDI should have reviewed that with you.

Yes, there is room under the slide to sit. Not a huge amount but more than enough for us two. The slide out takes up a good bit of space which turns some people off with that floor plan.

The awning does hold water. When I leave camp for the day I will usually bend one leg of the awning to it will drain water. It will work automatically but it takes a lot of weight. Instead of doing that I just bend it before we leave.

We have a routine when we leave the campsite for the day. One of those is to adjust the awning and another one is to turn off the water at the spigot.

My "gutter" was also pieced. I put in some caulk and it sealed it up. No more leaks.

As far as the roof, my warranty statement from keystone says that if a ladder is not installed from the factory, it is not a full walk-on roof.

No issues with ground clearance. It is a bit low but it's higher than my previous trailer. Biggest concern is the tank valves. Just need to be careful.

We had the truck before the trailer. Knowing we will probably only have this trailer until my 2nd retirement, which is now only 6.5 years, we purchased the truck for our next trailer beyond that. I did not want to mess with it again. We will end up with a 5th wheel and I purchased the 2500 for that future purchase. It sounds like your truck will serve you well with this. Our previous TV was a Nissan Titan. Although capable for the last trailer, it would not have been so much for this Keystone.

I did do a handful of mods to my trailer. Do a search here and you will find the thread.

LMK if you have any other questions.

Glad to help.
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote