View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #14
GlennB724

Last year on my second trip in my new (at the time) Alpine 3401RL, after a day of BOUNCING down the road crossing Nebraska, (iirc Interstate 80???), we pulled into the campground and wife discovered that the underbelly cover had pulled off for about 3/4 of its length, and it was sagging down with half of the fiberglass batting hanging out, (the other half was added to the environment somewhere). After having a mobile repair service guy come out, he re-attached it along the edges and added some wood furring strips across the bottom side to side, (metal angle iron was not available nearby). It held on like that for the rest of the trip until I got home and could put the trailer in for warranty repair. (I have no idea if the missing insulation was replaced.) It's on the long list of "someday I'll have to check on that" items. As mentioned already, it was pulled very tightly across one of the water tanks, and I think the bounce of the weight of the water while driving down the horrible road just ended up tearing the plastic from the screws attaching it.
GlennB724 is offline   Reply With Quote