Thread: Passport 197RB
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #25
C.LeeNick

Well, I took the Passport back to the dealer last Friday to have the issue with them driving screws into the electrical wiring repaired, and the battery was running down in about two days also, from full to dead. I didn't think that issue was caused by them driving screws into the wiring, because I'd taken the screws out and everything was working again...but who knows.

The tech thought it could be a bad cell in the battery...it sat dead at their dealership for a couple weeks while they were putting in the underbelly..but the Service Manager said that wouldn't kill the battery unless it froze. I'd read otherwise in these forum and others. They called me Saturday morn to say it was done, but I was going out of town so couldn't pick it up until today.

Today, I picked up the trailer. The techs are off on Mondays, and the Service Manager had absolutely no idea what they did to fix the thing. Had no idea if wires were replaced or spliced. No idea if battery issues were addressed. No idea about anything...only that it was "done". This has been the experience with the Service Manager all along...He's utterly clueless. Turns out the "salesman" I'd purchased from was the General Manager of the dealership. All he could tell me was that the tech had found where the screw went into the wire and "fixed it". Couldn't tell me how. He had no idea about the battery issues.

What an outfit.

Anyway, it SEEMS everything is working so far. I looked underneath the trailer to see if anything was different as far as I could see...it looks to me that they drove the screws along the power line run in on a angle now...To miss the wiring? That's no heartwarming.

I don't know what to think. I'm pretty disgusted with the whole thing. Lack of professionalism. Lack of information. Takes forever to get work done. $20K and to feel this way?

At this point, I don't feel I'll ever buy new again. I don't expect this with new products.

I'm holding off on naming the dealership, because I want to talk to the actual tech who worked on it to find out what he did. I THINK he's an honest guy, at least that's how he's come across so far. If I'm comfortable with his explanation, I'll be happy. But I'm not happy now.
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote