View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #7
Pmedic4

30 Amp Split into 2 15 Amp circuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarlson30 View Post
I need the available 30 amp split into 2 15 amps. I currently do not have any adaptors. I’m looking for recommendations.
While not certain, my first question about your statement is, 'What voltage do you think your 30 Amp cord supplies?' A common misconception about the 30 Amp power cord is that it is a 220 volt plug, and it is not - repeat, NOT. It is a 120 volt, 30 amp plug, with a single hot wire, a neutral and the ground.

If you truthfully want two separate 15 amp circuits from your power cord, certainly you can do it, but actually that's what the Converter/breaker panel in your RV does. It has several individual breakers where provide 15 amp circuits to power many of the outlets, and probably a 20 amp circuit for the AC, and depending on the water heater model, a 20 amp circuit for it (some are 15 amp).

So the real question is what do you need 2 15 amp circuits for?

If anything, what some people do is actually run their 30 amp cord to their RV for normal things, and if perhaps want to run a separate circuit, say for a electric heater, or perhaps a additional plug in 120 AC, by plugging in a 12 gauge power cord into the 20 amp duplex receptable on the power post - if it has one, which is common.

Again, short response then is what Sourdough asked, What do you need 2 15 amp circuits for?

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote