View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #38
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Assuming your TT is truly level and on level ground, my WAG (wild a~~ guess) is that the springs on both axles are not the same stiffness (spring rate).
The trailer was level. I wish that it was just the spring rate being different. But, unfortunately, the part number is the same, and I replaced both on the damaged (passenger) side. The driver side springs should have been isolated (uneffected) by the failure of the passenger spring. The suspension shop agrees that the hangers may have led to the second failed leaf spring. May have been a binding issue on the eyelet of the spring as one hangers was bent a little inwards.

Per the shop's recommendation, I've agreed to have them weld in three steel runners along the underbody to help strengthen the hangers. This shop does custom work from everything from travel trailers, fifth wheels, dump trailers, and big commercial trucks. Couldn't believe how big they were until I saw their service bays. The work will be warrantied for my length of ownership.

My new wheels and tires were delivered today, will belanced and mounted tomorrow, and dropped off Monday.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote