View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
madmaxmutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack65 View Post
That answered the future bed support questions.

My current Problem is different and subject of this post.
The bed came off the rollers in the ceiling rack. If you look at the 1st attached photo, that is what it looks like when it apparently came off the track, (both sides) I'm trying to figure out how to get it back on the track. It is heavy so will take a jack to get it up there, then if you look at the second pic the bed will have to move slightly to the side to get the rod into the slot, then over where it's supposed to be. 3rd pic, facing the bed, the right side is about 6" or so from the bathroom wall and I won't be able to see what I'm doing there? I'm hoping I can do it by pulling the bed out part way and putting it in that way? I'm assuming I should put a plywood board on the floor for the jack, then a 4x4 on the top of jack below the bed ridge.

Any tips on doing this right? I have a strong relative coming to help me this Thursday, so any help is appreciated.
I am no expert, but I have been pretty much where you are now with my Surveyor. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nce-72799.html

All you need to do is get the two back to the connection point with the trolley in the track. You have several options. Do that with a jack and some material to spread the load, You could move the slide out to a point where you can lift it to that level. It is basically a boxed lever on a fulcrum, at some point. You could move the slide out far enough where the weight outside makes it contact the trolley fully. Some combination of all of these. . . or Finally, you could take it to a good RV shop.

This depends on your slide type (manual or electric), personal skills, comfort level, available assistance and pocketbook. I assure you, a reasonably skilled adult and a 15 year old assistant can reconnect them. I replaced a trolley just by moving it out about 2/3 and it sat right where I could attach it. IIRC, there was no weight in the trolley at full extension.

I still recommend that inexpensive bent wrench. I know it helped me after I broke down and had one sent. I thought of torching an old junk wrench to that angle, but every one I had was too thick to easily tighten the nuts.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote