Thread: We did it!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #20
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywoods29704 View Post
What is a good electric jack? Please give me any suggestions you may have! Thanks in advance!
There are all kinds of them out there. All kinds of brands. Make sure you get one that is more than adequate for the weight it will lift. Don't fixate on the tongue weight alone. When hitching up with wdh bars it's easier to lift the rear of the truck (equalizer) to install the bars so the weight limitation of the jack needs to be much more than the tongue weight. I use a 5k lb. jack.

Another thing I would advise you to avoid is the opening on the top above the jack tube; covered/filled with a grommet, screw in thingamabob or whatever. It generally covers the bolt/nut used to manually raise/lower the jack. The first one on the current trailer (LCI) had the grommet and leaked - right into a tray holding the control board. Replaced with a Stromberg Carlson 5k, and it is stout, but, you can almost take a nap while it raises or lowers the trailer. I looked at the LCI website and the one they illustrate there looks pretty nice.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote