View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 04:26 AM   #18
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmanRick View Post
No bullet Premier TT that I know of drains into the black tank. Only the toilet drains into the black tank. All sinks and showers drain into the gray tank. I think that is government regulated. If the bathroom sink drains into the black tank to would smell all the time. Especially when the water in the trap is empty.
Rick, I don't know the regulations but logically it would be the other way. I think if any toilet drains into a tank it becomes a black water tank. Take any septic system, whether leach field or holding tank or combo of both, all water drains down a common pipe in a sticks and bricks building. Years ago, you could drain gray water directly on the ground. Many homes, especially those that had a poor leaching field (i.e. the material under ground didn't let water absorb quickly) would let their washing machine drain on the surface to prevent the septic system from filling too quickly. With the introduction of phosphates into cleaners the government stopped that. Then they later banned the use of phosphates. Anyone that lived thru that period of history will remember how ineffective detergents were until the industry reformulated .
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote