View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Wow. If you are seriously worried about getting shot when you knock on a neighbor's door, you need to get out of that neighborhood and find some place else to camp!!
I think travelin texan has a valid point. The world has changed so much from what it used to be lots of folks seem to be on pins and needles - especially if it's early or late in the day and they are inside the RV. As one that has been "that guy" pointing a gun at someone's face (really nice guy) that was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I can only say I would not have wanted to be in his shoes. Granted, I wouldn't be banging on someone's door after 11pm then jerk the door out of their hands....but, still wouldn't want to be in that situation.

As John mentioned, the complexion of a park changes constantly. Thankfully you generally have a little time to meet newcomers, visit a bit and get a feel for the "lay of the land". I would want that before I went to "wake" someone. Of course, I wouldn't mind nearly so bad in the morning hours (daylight) vs late at night. If it was an emergency you just do what you have to do IMO.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote