View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
cumminsdad08

i use a GPS everyday, well just ab0ut. i love it. saved me about 5-7 hrs a week with work. i use a tom-tom, i have had it for at least 4 years. i don't use it much when towing my camper around, but that is because i usually go to local places, or places that i am mostly familiar with anyhow. i still carry my trusty atlas and still have a door full of state maps that i pick up from rest areas. i still use them in the morning when i am planing my daily route in an unfamiliar area. this is how i was brought up, and i guess old habits are hard to quit, even if you are only in your mid 20's. i really mostly use the GPS to let customers know a close time of arrival, and the abilitly to see what roads are coming up. i travel a lot of back country roads and i know how it feels to be behind that guy that isn't sure where to turn, and i don't want to be him.

i also take the GPS with me even if i am going someplace that i been before. it has lots of "Point's of Interest", and even a KOA "application". i can look for food close by, or a shopping center close by, it even will give me the telephone number so i can order ahead. it has lots of fancy things that i don't really know how to use. for the most part it gets me very close to where i got to go. but you still need to be the driver and know where you are and where you are going, it is a tool and i don't think that you should reley on it solely
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote