View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
sptddog

So...I did check the fuses, couldn't find one for the lights, but I checked them all and none were out. Also checked the power at the strip connector and it appears that the power from the trailer is there, but it was hard getting a solid connection because the holes and prongs were hard to work with. As I was messing with it, the rear awning lights flickered here and there, but not all of them. Eventually the front ones had lights - about 4 of them along the full length of the strip. Then they went out again. I'm guessing it's the lights, so I"m going to order two strips (will need them eventually anyway) and connect them and see what happens. I'm thinking the front strip is out and somehow affects the rear strip. We only have one switch for both sets of lights. If replacing the strip doesn't work, I'll assume there is a short or broken wire that is messing things up.

As for the strip - it's not even a slide in, it's a sticky strip that just lays in a channel and there is an easy connector that is tucked in the awning roller. Easy to replace on your own - def not replacing it at dealer unless it's a wiring issue.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote