View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #22
corsavair1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtriangle View Post
Hello all:
Quick question regarding towing with water in the fresh tank. Is it recommended? We just picked up our bullet 257RSS and the dealership put 2/3 tank of fresh water in it. It towed ok but wanted to see if there was a difference with no water in it. Drained it and while “feeling” lighter, it also felt more bouncy. So that made me wonder if they put it there for a reason other than just to demo sinks/water pump stuff. Do some people put water in there to settle it down?
Also, I tow with a 2012 Silverado 2500HD. I pull about 2200-2500 RPMs doing about 62-65 mph. Does that sound appropriate?
I have a keystone sprinter 37 foot TT pulled with Ram 2500 Diesel and normally run around 65 gallons in my 50 Gallon Fresh water tank. To me TT seems to ride a little better with extra weight on Tow vehicle. Dealer suggested to run at least 3/4 full when towing and normally that is the case. How ever, on a recent trip home through Alabama and near Mississippi line my Tank fell out and tore out the plasticore and insulation a drug on the interstate until I could get on to the shoulder. Emergency road call cost me nearly $400 for temporary repair and after getting home another $1500. Good old Keystone was contacted since TT is just 19 month old with very few trips under its belt. Guess what I was told by Zane at Keystone? "YOU OVER FILLED YOUR TANK AND NOT COVERED BY MANUFACTURES WARRANTY". Just for information purposes the Fresh water tank cradle is only held up with 5 TEK screws which stripped the tapped holes. TEK distributor told me that these should have held but if the Dummy installing over torqued them it may have pulled the threads out and that would have possibly been the cause. Roadside emergency had to drill stripped holes for bolts and nuts to reattach the tank and cradle. In addition I had metal safety straps installed for good keeping. I will still put water in the tank as before but at least I know it should now hold and still provide a better tow of my TT.
corsavair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote