View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I express my condolences to his family and friends. Life here is just too short.
Tbos, that is such an appropriate statement. I was visiting with my financial guy last week and we discussed all the expectations I gave him when I retired at 55. Wow, missed that a mile. I had, and have had, many maladies that I figured would bring my life to somewhat of a standstill based on my medical history and those of my parents. I told him at 65 I would be relegated to not doing much and "hanging out"- waiting, vacation homes sold and "tending the garden". Whoops! I did not see living past 75 or so. Now, holy cow, I hope not!! My mother in law, at 85, told me, you know, I know I'm old but in my head I don't feel old....and I tried to always work with that. Now, I know exactly what she meant...although things are "breaking down" my head, my want to, is still there and the desire to go and do is as strong, maybe stronger, than ever.

So, life here IS too short. I think our mind (unless diseased) will stay 20 forever....our bodies sort of wear out...unfortunately. And when or where, we just don't know. We all need to make the best of what we have right now. Best wishes to all.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote