View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #45
tim5055

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
Why attack him, he's just starting his experience like the rest of us..
Yup, thanks. For some reason I seem to attract negative comments. It may be the way i talk/write, but I'm too old to change.

I can agree, maybe my hitch is overkill and a little overpriced. But I did a lot of research on sway before I moved up from pop-ups to the larger TT. The thing that pushed me over the top was pulling into a campground that was having an Airstream rally. If you watch, these are folks who tend to tow a longer trailer with a less than optimal tow vehicle. Yea, I'm painting with a wide brush here, but that is what it appears. I would say 2/3 of the people there were using a Hensley designed hitch. Walking around talking to them to a person anyone who had the hitch related that they had never encountered a sway situation with that hitch. Several of them told stories of having the same trailer and tow vehicle with other WD/antisway hitches and having extreme sway problems.

I have had sidewinds and semi's pass with my current set up. the difference is that with this hitch the wind blast of the passing semi can't start the rear of my trailer moving as it starts to pass. It forces the entire rig (truck & trailer) to move together as a single unit in a straight line.

Sway is one of those things in life that have many moving parts that can cause, suppress or eliminate it. In the end we just have to make decisions based on the safety of our families.