View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
campingcpl

We agree with everyone so far! We leave our outside light on when we are outside at night (just an amber light or the awning lights) but always turn them off when we go in for the night. We also have outside stereo speakers and we like to listen to music while sitting around the camp fire but just have it loud enough for us to hear (if you can hear it outside your own campsite then it's to loud). We have always tried to practice common courtesy and really hate the people that don't. It seems like more and more people only think of one thing anymore and that is "THEMSELVES". You see it more and more, specially in the younger generations now days. What has happen to people that they can't use common courtesy or even manors for that? Is it that hard to say excuse me, thank you, your welcome, please, etc.? What has happen to the days where people actually cared about other people? I was in a retail store a couple of weeks ago and saw and elderly couple (he was in a wheel chair) and his wife was trying to get him out the doors. Two younger people walked up to the door as they where getting ready to head out the door. The younger people walked right in and never offered to hold the door but made the time to give them dirty looks for blocking the door. I was behind the older couple and I told her to allow me to get the door for them. I opened the one and then opened the other for them and then asked if they needed anymore help. They said thank you but they could manage. The gentlman in the wheel chair looked at me and said you are an Angle. I smiled and thanked him for the kind words and I got to tell you it really made me feel good and I'm sure it made them feel better that someone was willing to take the time to help them. I'm sorry for a long post and for getting on my soap box but this is a subject that really gets my wife and I on edge. We have 3 kids ranging from 16 to 21 and we have always practiced one common rule with them "treat others the way you would want them to treat you"!

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote