Thread: Gas Grill
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
Jorme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I like the flavor of it being flame kissed and seared on the outside. Foil takes that away for me.

This can be done but you need to remove the regulator from the grill as the campers already have a regulator reducing it down by the propane tanks. Running it through a second regulator at the grill works for some people but at a much reduced heat and flame. There are a bunch of thread in different forums about this. Just google Weber Q through camper propane and you'll see plenty.

For me, I didn't want to take the grills regulator off and eliminate the ability to use the little 1 lb bottles. I leave it on and disconnect one of my two proane tanks on the camper and use that for grilling. Considering I used to get about 3-5 grill outting (depending on what I was cooking and for how long) out of a 1 lb bottle, that an average of about 80 grill events out of a 20 lber. I carry a spare 20 lber (3rd tank) if I'm going somewhere with no shore power and am running the frig, water heater, stove and heater (if its cold) off propane but thats a rare event.
You only need to remove the bbq regulator if you are teeing off after the trailer reg. If you are teeing right off the trailer propane bottle, then you need to leave the bbq regulator on.

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l..._1572720_n.jpg
Jorme is offline   Reply With Quote