Thread: Gas Grill
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
CincyGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Try useing a non stick aluminum foil over the grate, I use it over the open fire pit too.
I like the flavor of it being flame kissed and seared on the outside. Foil takes that away for me.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why not use the gas quick-connect built into your trailer? That’s assuming it does have one.
This can be done but you need to remove the regulator from the grill as the campers already have a regulator reducing it down by the propane tanks. Running it through a second regulator at the grill works for some people but at a much reduced heat and flame. There are a bunch of thread in different forums about this. Just google Weber Q through camper propane and you'll see plenty.

For me, I didn't want to take the grills regulator off and eliminate the ability to use the little 1 lb bottles. I leave it on and disconnect one of my two proane tanks on the camper and use that for grilling. Considering I used to get about 3-5 grill outting (depending on what I was cooking and for how long) out of a 1 lb bottle, that an average of about 80 grill events out of a 20 lber. I carry a spare 20 lber (3rd tank) if I'm going somewhere with no shore power and am running the frig, water heater, stove and heater (if its cold) off propane but thats a rare event.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote