View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #30
Android998

Hey Man,

Great looking Impact! I bought a slightly used 2015 Impact 260 in 2016 and love it. While I didn't really have any of the issues you reported as I didn't buy mine brand new I have had a few of things..

Right out of the gate I was wondering if I had the wrong tow vehicle. I have a 2016 Toyota Tundra that I purchased as I knew my Tacoma would not haul a toy hauler at all. So when searching I was looking at Toy Haulers that were "half ton towable". The minute I left Camping World and headed home on the highway and got up to speed I could tell something wasn't right. My truck looked a lot like yours (squatted way too low in the back). I found that the hitch was not properly adjusted from Camping World. I got it home and read all of the instructions and re-adjusted the hitch and it was much better. I ended up adding air springs to the rear as well and then re-adjusted the hitch again to take into account the air springs. Between the two it's almost perfect in towing now. Only had one pucker moment in the 2.5 seasons I've had with it now and that was crossing the Columbia River into Washington and was blown most of the way into the next lane by a wind gust. But a quick grab of the trailer brakes took care of the way that happened as a result of that. I think that's just the nature of a tall vehicle like that.

In terms of actual issues with the trailer itself.

I had a bubble form under the vinyl in the garage area at the rear of the RV. We happen to live close to the Keystone dealer who sold this unit new (Curtis Trailers in Portland, OR) and even though the unit was not under warranty anymore from Keystone they peeled up the floor and re-glued it down securely at no cost to us.

I had to have the fridge replaced. Luckily the fridge came with a two year warranty from the fridge manufacturer and Curtis Trailers replaced it at the same time they did the floor work.

I had another small leak and had to re-caulk the vent for the range hood. Hasn't leaked since re-caulking.

I had to replace the inverter/charger in the power panel as the AC/DC converter died and was no longer charging the DC system or batteries. I had purchased the Good Sam extended service plan when I purchased the trailer. So I called up Camping World who was not going to be able to get me in for 2 months to look at it so I finally convinced them to just let me buy the part (I didn't want to go July and August without being able to use the electronics) and then I would return the bad part and they would refund me and charge it to the warranty. So I did the work in replacing it myself, it was pretty easy.

Biggest issue to date, and a costly lesson for me... Pay attention to your roof caulking. My front cap developed a leak last winter when the caulking seperated along the trim between the front cap and the side wall. It started right in the corner where the cap meets the trim from the roof and the wall on the curb-side of the trailer (think just up from where the gutter ends in the front). Small leak turned into a larger leak before I realized it, as it was winter and I wasn't in and out of the trailer all the time. Now I have a floor replair project for next winter and some delamination of the fiberglass front. When I found the issue it happened to be a decent weekend and so I quickly caulked it and then inspected. I actually found the caulk was seperating on both sides of the front cap in the same place so I re-caulked the front cap on both sides that weekend.

All in all I've been really happy with this Trailer. I'm a little concerned in what this floor replacement is going to look like this winter but once it's fixed it'll be good as new.

Enjoy!
Android998 is offline   Reply With Quote